Field Service Engineer Semi Conductor Machines ( US, Michigan Area )
RemoteDetroit, Michigan, United States$65,000 - $80,000 per yearService
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer, that wants to take on a challenge in a family company, where cutting edge technology is used to make silver sintering and molding (packaging) machines. You will be working in our service department, where you going to install machines, analyse & solve problems, help and make solutions on our packaging machines that matter. Our clients are chip producing companies in the automotive, medical equipment, power devices and more.
As field service engineer at Boschman you are an important interface between us and our customers. You represent Boschman on both technical and personal level. The Service Engineer provides onsite field service support mainly through the performance of installations and de-installations, upgrades, repairs, training and maintenance of advanced transfer molding and sintering systems. Primary focus are customers in the North Americas, but also Canada and Mexico belong to the territory. The Service Engineer troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources at Boschman HQ. The service engineer acts as a company ambassador, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Other tasks are:
- Performs installations and de-installations, training, retrofits, upgrades, preventive and corrective maintenance on Boschman equipment installed at customer sites, with a main work basis at home;
- Travels outside the USA are required for the purposes of technical training and performing service activities at overseas customer sites or backfilling for other Boschman Service Engineers;
- Completes service, expense reports and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with the company’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval;
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we are expecting from you
- A associate's degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or similair
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience is preferred;
- Experience with multiple on-site installations;
- Ability to read and analyze electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics;
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
Does the position fit your skills and ambition and are you interested in becoming part of our company?
Then we would like to get in touch with you!
You can apply through the “Apply button” or if you want more information, you can contact the recruiter by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Our better values
Connection, creativity and conversation are at the heart of everything we do, which is why our growing global team spans industries and disciplines. Whether you’re an aspiring designer or an engineer, a developer or a manager, if you care about what you do, we’d love you to get in touch.